| Posted in:

Passport & Visa Requirements

World Adventures

Regardless of age, traveling to a foreign country requires a passport that is valid six months after your return date. Passport information will be collected at the time of booking. If travel VISAs are required, John Hall’s Alaska will include these with your package. Guests are responsible for acquiring any vaccines recommended for travel to certain countries and should check directly with their healthcare provider on recommendations.

Travel IDs & Passports
  • US Citizens: When departing the U.S. for Canada, proof of citizenship in the form of a current valid passport or passport card is mandatory. No other forms will be accepted.

    Note – a passport card is not a substitute for a passport and is not valid for international air travel. When a passport is required, we recommend applying for your passport as soon as possible due to months-long delays. Passports must be valid for 6 months beyond your travel return date to enter or re-enter the U.S.

    Effective May 3, 2023 – for U.S. citizens aged 18 and older, a U.S. driver’s license must be REAL ID compliant to travel by plane. Non-compliant IDs will result in denied boarding. For more information visit: www.dhs.gov/real-id

    For more passport information visit: www.travel.state.gov/passport or call the National Passport Information Center at 877.487.2778.
  • CANADIAN CITIZENS: When traveling by air, land, or sea from Canada to the U.S., Canadian citizens are required to present one of the following documents: a valid Canadian passport, or a NEXUS card.
  • NON-U.S. & CANADIAN CITIZENS: All travelers must have and carry a passport valid for six months beyond the duration of the travels. Non-U.S. citizens who have previously been admitted to the United States for permanent residence must carry their Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) commonly known as a Green Card.
  • U.S. & CANADIAN CHILDREN: For travel in the U.S., children under the age of 16 traveling by air, land, or sea must present an original or copy of their birth certificate or proof of citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.